Excuse my silly vulgarity. I am pissed off. Yesterday I purchased this cool looking bucket of beads from Sassy for the baby. They are like the kind I'm sure you and I played with when we were little, except now they are all glorified and pimped out with different textures and designs. Littlemandangle loved, loved, loved them. Too bad I noticed after he played with them that one was seriously broken, it had come that way. It had a torn edge that really could have hurt him had he chosen to stick it in his mouth, not to mention if the broken piece had fallen off and choked him. The fact that he didn't was just sheer luck since he is into sticking everything in his mouth right now. So, I E-mailed the company. It wasn't pretty, let me tell you. I am waiting to hear back from them to see how to handle it. The E-mail was as follows:
I just purchased your Sassy Bucket of Beads for my baby this afternoon. When I got home I immediately opened them and gave them to my baby to play with, and he loved them. Unfortunately, I noticed when I went to put the beads away that one of the beads was torn at the seam, it looked as though the plastic did not bond well. Upon further inspection I was horrified to notice that the partially attached seam was sharp and jagged. My son is of teething age and currently puts everything into his mouth, and it makes me sick to think about what would have happened to him if he had put the bead in his mouth, it would have easily cut him. The edge is about as sharp as a toothpick.
I have purchased Sassy products before with my other son, but you can be assured I will not any longer. I will also be advising other mothers I know against purchasing your products, as yours is a company I can no longer trust.
I have taken photos of the bead and the bucket of beads if you are interested to see what the problem was, I hope whatever it is you can fix it on your production line before a child does put a bead like that in their mouth and become injured. I see no option to attach photos in this form of e-mail. I will also be calling your company on Monday regarding the matter, before I return the product to Babies R US. I am INCREDIBLY dissatisfied, to say the least.
So, you think too harsh? I am really upset about it. You should be able to buy products for your baby with confidence knowing that your child will not be harmed. The edge was seriously sharp. I'll update whe they get in touch with me. I'm sure they will since I called and left a message,too.
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment