Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!!!







We didn't do anything today. Well, we went to IHOP and Barnes and Noble, and Walmart, just to get our daily fill of redneck stupidity, but not much else. I put the baby's birthday presents on layaway. I don't know what my deal is with layaway, it isn't because we can't afford it all at once, (not that that would be bad) it's because I am a freak Virgo. His birthday is 6 months away, but it nags at me because both Aidan and Jack's birthdays are in November, and I don't want to have to shop more than I have to in that month. So, I wrote out a list of things for the baby, and went directly there and put it on layaway. From start to finish, it took about 10 minutes, and I will go there in a month and pick it up, packed neatly in a box and ready for transport, whereupon I will take it home and promptly wrap it. I even looked at birthday cakes yesterday, and eyeballed the pinatas today. I am definitely a planner. I still have to get Jack's presents picked out and wrapped, and after that I will begin to shop for Christmas. Sickening, I know.
Yesterday we spent some time in the front yard and put the baby in the pool for the first time, and Jack was happy in Aidan's little mini-pool. He kept splashing the baby in the face. David put in some new plants, we purchased a pom-pom bush and some other thng to fill in the gaps where David ripped out our other bushes. We have taken a lot of stuff out, but we really procrastinated when it came to putting things back in place. Anyway, I sat with the kids and took lots of pictures, and all of them here are from yesterday.
It's been very quiet here without DJ and my parents, DJ is in Washington D.C. with his grandparents (David's side) and my parents are in San Francisco with my sister. We got a phonecall the day after they arrived telling us that my mother had broken her ankle. I really felt horrible for her, I wanted her to go and have a great vacation and shop and go to wine tastings, as it's her first time there. Instead, she ended up having to have surgery because she broke it in 2 places and dislocated it, so they needed to place pins. I have spoken to her since though and she seems in good spirits, and is making the best of the rest of the trip. I plan to go over to their house for lots of visits when they get back because she will be bored I'm sure. She has to have the cast on for 4 weeks. I can't think of a person more deserving of a vacation, so it made me feel sad for her. The good part is that she is still able to visit with my sister and her family, and that is what is important. I wish I was there with them.

No comments: