I recently bought David this. I figured it would be a great father's day gift from me, since he has been looking around for it. I mean, a bunch of wrestlers and Howie Mandel use this thing, it has to be pretty cool, right? Uh, no. Well, maybe, if you follow the instructions.
So, David saved up this expierience for several days, revelling in the anticipation of the smoothest, baldest head ever. Finally, he decided to use it the other day, skipping happily off to the shower. He emerged from the shower, however, not so happy. He came trudging out, defeated, with bits of bloody paper stuck all over his head, and a bleeding neck and ear. Actually, it looked more or less like he had suffered a seizure while using it. I suppose the company did not stress enough on their packaging the importance of the push NOT pull motion of the offending apparatus, but I did find the following Q & A on the site:
Q: Why is the blade in the front of the HeadBlade® and why do I push instead of pull it? Should I apply pressure?
A: After extensive development it was found that the automatically pivoting blade of the HeadBlade® had to be in front. Pulling the blade across your head creates lateral movement of the blade which results in nicks and cuts. Pushing the blade eliminates lateral movement. And no, you don't need to press down on the razor (no press down big boy). The only pressure you need to put is on back pad to make sure it stays in contact with your scalp.
I think they really might want to ad that exact disclaimer on the packaging.
Unfortunately, he pulled and pressed down, resulting in the butcherance of his previously umarred bald head. He isn't discouraged, though. He is going to try it again, because he claims it's the best shave he ever had, save for the missing bits of flesh. Next time he will definitely not be employing the pull-press motion.
Well, happy father's day, honey.
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment