Sunday, April 23, 2006

How does my garden grow?









I have no idea. Obviously without my help, since I am such a horrible gardener. Here are my pretty tulips that my dad helped me plant.

I took the kids to my parents to see David since he was back from Africa. He told us some cool things about what he saw there and showed us a whole slideshow. It was really cool to see, but really eye-opening at the same time. The poverty there is tremendous. I was really happy and proud that he went there and did such good work. Here is a picture of David and Aidan. Poor David hasn't slept right yet since the he got back because he is trying to adjust to the time. He also brought back these really cool statues for us that I think are very neat. They don't stand by themselves, only when they lean on each other. I don't know if it was meant to be that way, but I think it matches my husband and I perfectly.

On the way over to my parent's house, Aidan fell fast asleep in his carseat, which is pretty rare. He cried almost the entire way home from Michigan, or so it seemed. Today I put him in Jack's first pair of shoes. It serves to remind me how fast time goes by, now that I see how tiny Jack's feet used to be. My sweet little butterbean is all grown up now, and Aidan is right behind him.

Lastly, I just want to touch on something I have talked about before. I don't post pictures of DJ, because for my own reasons I have always wanted to protect him. Mostly from his mother. I had thought that if she had stumbled upon my blog, she would see pictures of him and I would get in trouble. I don't know why. I think it could be one of those irrational fears. But I am sick of not posting good pictures and passing up opportunities to share him with my friends and family. I really don't care if she ever finds my blog and sees what, that I am a good Mom to her son? He really isn't even hers anymore. I think she gave that up a long time ago. So, without further ado, I will be posting pictures of DJ freely, and willy-nilly for all to see.

I have no clue why that picture popped up 3 times, but maybe it's because it wants you to see it 3 times. It is a good picture, after all.

No comments: