On the 4th of July we went over to David's sister's house. She had a Johnny Jump-up in the doorway and we decided to see if Aidan would like it. We donated Jack's because we were convinced that we would never have another kid. Well, he loved it. So much in fact, that mommy got a bug up her butt to go find one for him.
We don't have mouldings on our door frames, so the Johnny Jump-up was a no go. But I remembered that there was this thing that was like an exersaucer/jumper, and so I took all the crap I had been saving for my garage sale over to Once Upon A Child. I was hoping to get at least $65.00 for all my crap, but oddly enough they didn't take my high-end stuff, the things from boutiques and places like Janie and Jack. Weird. They took all the literal crap. Speaking of crap, we had to hang out there an insane amount of time, 2 hours to be exact, and during that time Jack managed to clog the toilet with his 275 pound man-sized poop. So, I had a baby in one hand, DJ in the corner, Jack with his pants around his ankles and an unwiped butt, and I was busy plunging the toilet hoping no one was waiting for the restroom. There was, of course. Ahhhh, these are the finer moments of motherhood, really.
So, since we had so much time to spend there, I walked around and came across what else but a Jumparoo! It was only $35.00 and it looked brand-new, save for what looked like a little peanut butter. No, it wasn't poop. Actually, it looked more like caramel. Who gives their baby caramel anyway? Flippin idiot.
The revalation I had was why the hell don't I go here all the time? When I first had Jack, everything had to be new. But really that was the stupidest thing, kids grow out of toys in 2 seconds and I was on my way to spend more than half of what I paid for the old one on a new Jumparoo. Why? Because I am a snob? I hope not. It just never even occured to me. I got rid of all my old junk and got some new-looking new junk in one fell swoop. No sooner had I arrived home did I start to plan out what else I will sell. I can't wait until he grows out of his carseat, because I hate lugging that thing around and also because I have kept in in such good condition I'm sure it will fetch us a new and exciting toy.
The trip was worth it, and so was cleaning it up, he absolutely loves the thing and I can actually do the dishes without the fear of him gnawing through the cable wires like a rabid hamster.
Monday, July 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment