If I am not already, I will be soon. Aidan weighs 10 lbs, 6 1/2 oz. That was 5 1/2 oz gained in 10 days. That sucks. Even with beign attached to a milking machine like a cow for most of the 10 days, he has gained exactly how he had previous to this. My next appointment is Valentine's day, where I will talk to my regular peditrician.
In other news, we went to dinner for the first time since our 3rd addition. It was great1 We went to Crapplebee's and the baby slept, provided I rocked him the whole time. They wouldn't let me put the carrier on the floor, because they said it was a fire hazard. My baby is not a fire hazard. He would never harm anyone trying to get out of a fire, but whatever. They wanted me to put him in this sling carrier holder thingy, but it doesn't move. My child needs to be moving. So I stuck him in the booth and David sat with the boys on the other side. My arm about fell off because the carrier was a tight fit and hard to move, but I did it. We did it, finally. Then he stayed asleep so we were really awful parents and went to Barnes and Noble until 10:00. I always thought those parents who kept their kids out late were crazy, and I was right. Crazy with desperation for a moment outside of their home. Anyway, I got a long lost Ani Difranco CD that I have been missing (yes, I miss lesbian rock) and the new Fiona Apple CD. I will say that I really like the first song. David got the Kayne West Cd, and he keeps calling me a gold digger. I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger. Is that one word? Who knows? Golddigger looks weird. Is it with one 'd'? Goldddddddddddddddddddiggggggggggerrrrr. I am definitely not one, anyway. Unless I was digging for kids. I am a kiddigger.
Saturday, February 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh you poor woman...when I read you went out to dinner, at first I imagined ALONE...not with 3 kids!!!?? OMG! Aidain is definitly not a fire hazard! That was funny. Well..I'm glad at least you got to eat dinner and stay out until 10:00 at Barnes and Noble. Ignore the stares, we too stay out late with Noah once and a while...can you guess where? The bookstore! It's just condusive to later nights with kids...quiet inside, lots to look at, lots of room to wheel a stroller around to get the baby to sleep.
By the way, I've got the goods!!! Buzz Light Year will be on his way Monday. You should surprise Jack, I'll address it to him. SO cute! Speaking of cute.....I love the new picture of Aidan, adorable is the only word, just adorable. Love the coat and hood.
I'm sorry he's gaining slowly. I've been meaning to ask you..it seams you went out and bought a mega pump. That's great. Just wondering, by any chance have you looked into the hospital grade ones, from the hospital? I just wonder if they are even more MEGA...? That might hurt, huh? Just wondering. I know it must have been expensive to make your pump upgrade. Just keep doing what you are doing. Things will be fine. I respect your dedication to your babies and nursing. You have been so diligent and selfless through all of this. I hope you don't have to supplement. I'll be thinking of you guys on the 14th. Remember though..if..if..if they ask you to supplement..it's the perspective on the situation you need. I know, Mom's hormones, we all feel little things with our babies are huge.It's hard to find oerspective when you have an infant. At least I had a hard time. If in the end they ask you to try a bit of formula remember first it won't be forever, maybe even just a week or so! Also it will not hurt Aidan and you will still be nursing him as much as you do now. I was scared when I gave Noah formula. I wasn't able to nurse long, he had only formula and you know what...he just got his first cold EVER and he's 15 months old! So try not to worry too much. Easy for me to say, right? :)Things will work out, they always do. You are doing an amazing job.
Thanks for the post Bree. Hang in there, you are doing great and you and David are such wonderful parents!!
Lauren :)
Oh you poor woman...when I read you went out to dinner, at first I imagined ALONE...not with 3 kids!!!?? OMG! Aidain is definitly not a fire hazard! That was funny. Well..I'm glad at least you got to eat dinner and stay out until 10:00 at Barnes and Noble. Ignore the stares, we too stay out late with Noah once and a while...can you guess where? The bookstore! It's just condusive to later nights with kids...quiet inside, lots to look at, lots of room to wheel a stroller around to get the baby to sleep.
By the way, I've got the goods!!! Buzz Light Year will be on his way Monday. You should surprise Jack, I'll address it to him. SO cute! Speaking of cute.....I love the new picture of Aidan, adorable is the only word, just adorable. Love the coat and hood.
I'm sorry he's gaining slowly. I've been meaning to ask you..it seams you went out and bought a mega pump. That's great. Just wondering, by any chance have you looked into the hospital grade ones, from the hospital? I just wonder if they are even more MEGA...? That might hurt, huh? Just wondering. I know it must have been expensive to make your pump upgrade. Just keep doing what you are doing. Things will be fine. I respect your dedication to your babies and nursing. You have been so diligent and selfless through all of this. I hope you don't have to supplement. I'll be thinking of you guys on the 14th. Remember though..if..if..if they ask you to supplement..it's the perspective on the situation you need. I know, Mom's hormones, we all feel little things with our babies are huge.It's hard to find oerspective when you have an infant. At least I had a hard time. If in the end they ask you to try a bit of formula remember first it won't be forever, maybe even just a week or so! Also it will not hurt Aidan and you will still be nursing him as much as you do now. I was scared when I gave Noah formula. I wasn't able to nurse long, he had only formula and you know what...he just got his first cold EVER and he's 15 months old! So try not to worry too much. Easy for me to say, right? :)Things will work out, they always do. You are doing an amazing job.
Thanks for the post Bree. Hang in there, you are doing great and you and David are such wonderful parents!!
Lauren :)
Post a Comment