Monday, December 19, 2005
The Shower
It is something I dream about. I envision how the hot water would feel on my shoulders, How clean I would feel. I think about it all day long on the days David is gone at work. Some days I just don't get to shower in the morning. I know, gross, right? Well, I have never been a demanding person. I don't need much to keep me happy. Just a shower. And on those days that I don't get one until David is home, it is all I can think about. So tonight I was all set to take my shower, complete with hot water on the shoulders and soap and all. I mean, my fantasies don't even include shaving above the knee, just to give you an idea of how simple I am to please. But invariably, someone in my home runs the water on me. A 10 year old who forgets not to flush, a husband who is washing his poopy-diaper hands. It's all about the kids now, is what I am saying. Not even the shower is sacred anymore. I gave up going to the bathroom a long time ago, I am never alone, or without Jack pounding on the door for me. But the shower, it was my safe zone. I am kind of mourning it. One day I will be taking a shower or going to the bathroom and it will be quiet. Then I will probably cry my eyes out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear lord woman! You have my empathy. I remember the "no shower days". Granted, I have one son, not three. Please don't give up...someday, the bathroom will be yours again. God that sounds so depressing. By the way, the picture of Aidan and the one of jack...HELLO! I'm melting! Get one of all three boys. Now that would just be too cute to stand. Thanks Bree! I'm so proud of you!!!
Post a Comment