

Here is Aidan again in the sunlight. It is supposed to help the jaundice somewhat, but since it's winter, the sun is a bit sparse. I'm finding it useful to take pretty pictures, though.
Today his bilirubin levels were better, from a 19.2 to an 18.3, so we won't have to have him stuck in the heel again. Everyone says that they forget the pain when they are this little, but I think that is a lame thing to say. I forgot the pain of childbirth somewhat, but I know that despite that fact, it still sucked at the time.
So he is slowly getting better. It has been stressful and scary, especially when they throw words at you like "brain damage". It has not been that dire, but they definitely made their point in why we had to be so diligent about watching it. They thought it was reallt odd that he was born with such high levels. When you are a new mother, all you do is worry... the little sneezes, coughs, anything really. I have never in my whole life been so consumed by how many times my child has pooped in a day. Really.
We go back to the doctor on Tuesdsay and hopefully they will just evaluate him by eye.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the boys have been getting used to their little brother. They both love him, and when I am wearing him in the sling, Jack asks if is baby is in my "pocket". He is too cute for words.
We als0 had Jack's real birthday on the 29th. Mom and Dad brought over a cake and he got a few more presents. He is so spoiled, but I can totally justify that. He got a John Deere DVD from Grandma and Grandpa, and you would not believe how obsessed he has become already. He saw a little flyer in the DVD for a CAT machines DVD also, and went berserk. I think it's amazing that he knows the names of all the machinery and would have never in my life pictured myself driving down the road and identifying cold planers, wheeled loaders, excavators, and articulated dumptrucks. It's amazing what your kids can teach you.
No comments:
Post a Comment