Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sad and Tired.

So, tonight for the very first time, Aidan is sleeping in his own room, in his own crib, not in the pack and play in our room. It is the second day he has not nursed at all. I know that these are all good things in their own right, butI honestly feel like I could just cry. Probably all the hormones returning. But I don't want to blame it on my body. It really is symbolic of something bigger, the fact that time is going by very quickly with my last baby. I relished those nights, as hard as they may have seemed, laying in bed with him, nursing, watching his body relax and drift off. I miss the small hands on my arms, his warm little head and the way he rubbed my blanket all over his face.
I'm supposed to be happy at the freedom of it all, but I am sitting here crying instead.

No comments: